Monday, May 24, 2004

Atkins 2004

I just misread the title of Athens 2004, some dinky video game associated with said title as Atkins 2004. Which made me think: I bet you could have a decent online RPG themed around dropping carbs from your diet. Aren't there four stages or something to the whole thing? So there's some complexity there. And there would be random pizza encounters and you could pray to dead Dr. Atkins for help during boss fights. It'd be great.

2 comments:

Ryoga said...

Heh, there was a game very similar to that concept for the NES called "Captain Novolin", in which you lead the titual character, a diabetic hero, on the road to getting his insulin shots, all the while avoiding dangerous things like Donuts, and evil soft drinks and candy.

I'm not shitting you.

slipshod said...

carbs would be these little creatures that live in food, right? and when you pick up food for restorative consumption, the carbs would all swarm out. you'd fight and destroy them with fat- and protein-based weapons. i can see the twin demibosses now...