governor of maryland, no less. and, i might add, a fine correspondence artist:
I wish you would be kind enough to send us a few Grenadoes from one of your Magazines by any Vessel bound either to this Province Virginia or Pensilvania & if you should receive any Intelligence from Oswego or any other Quarter of the Enemy's motions toward this part of the Continent I flatter myself you will not delay to advise me...
1 comment:
"I thank you for remitting me the Bill that was inclosed, Your Kindness in putting my Packett for England on board the first Ship that sails & forwarding the Letter to the Commodore will much oblige &c. [James Innes (to Fairfax ?)] [Lib. J. R. & V. S. p.57 ] Sir: I have this Moment received the Melancholy Account of the Defeat of our Troops, the General kill'd and Numbers of our Officers, our whole Artillery taken ; In short the Account I have Received is so very bad, that, as please God I intend to make a stand here, its highly necessary to raise the Militia everywhere to defend the Frontiers"
Glad to see defeat handled so well in the old days. My journal would have said "shitshitshitshitshit"
Post a Comment