Wednesday, December 07, 2005

b and h photo: working for you!

note the ease with which steve dealt with my question, a deft simplicty that we could all stand to learn from. ask steve what you should do, and he'll give you the answer you always wanted to hear: yes.
Chris Harring: Question about Sony Production Monitors
STEVE: Welcome, Chris Harring , We are reviewing your question and will be with you shortly.
Chris Harring: The actual question is: what additional accessories do I need to purchase to make the Sony PVM-9L3 9-Inch Color Production Monitor link up with my Mac, and more specifically, communicate with Final Cut Pro?
STEVE: im sorry you would need to ask the editing dept for issues with macs
Chris Harring: Actually, I just want to know if it will hook up with my computer out of the box, or if I need to buy additional accessories. Should I ask the editing department about that?
STEVE: yes
Chris Harring: Great. Do they have an email contact, or a phone number I could contact them by?
STEVE: it would be better if you called in
Chris Harring: OK. Thank you.


ed. note: i swear on fuck that this is unmodified. for the record.

4 comments:

Chris said...

What kind of cables can you attach to said monitor? Because obviously I know a hell of a lot about A/V and can answer your question.

jhaddock said...

You are aware that when you talk to the editing department, they are going to tell you not to bother them with support questions and bounce you back to Steve, right?

slipshod said...

name it and it attaches. i don't want to see my computer screen on the monitor, though, i just want to see the clip i am working with in final cut. right now we piggy-back a firewire signal into the camera, and a s-video out of the camera into our little flatscreen. cutting out a step = always good. buying fucked up video card for 800 bucks = not so good.

Chris said...

Hmm, I bet the editing department will tell you they don't support Macs next.