Monday, June 14, 2004

from the texas hold 'em hand simulator. my valiant all in was not nearly as doomed as even i orginally thought. my chances of winning were well better than klemis losing with queens.

Simulation Results
BOARD

6c 2h 8d

903 possible boards
7c-7d
Player 1 wins 57.81% of the time. (Expected value: 0.5781)
Tc-9c
Player 2 wins 22.04% of the time. (Expected value: 0.2237)
Ad-Th
Player 3 wins 19.49% of the time. (Expected value: 0.1982)



5 comments:

jhaddock said...

You know, I don't even remember which of those hands I had...

slipshod said...

you had the a-10. i know they were off-suit. and i'm positive about the ten (because we determined that, had a ten hit the board, you would have out-kicked me). i think ace was the high card, but for the purpose of simulation it doesn't matter (that your top card was higher than anyone elses is all that is important). of course, if you continue the simulation to the turn and take away my outside flush draw, my chances plummet. my chances did plummet.

jhaddock said...

Yeah, I probably had the a-10. I'm a sucker for that hand, even though I know, deep down inside, it's not nearly as good as I want it to be...

slipshod said...

you know what's awesom, zargon? after the turn, we both had exactly an 11.9% chance of winning. when you think about it, you had 6 outs (three tens, three aces) and I had, in theory, 7 (4 sevens and 3 9s), though, in reality, I had 5 (2 7s and 3 9s).

in the end, we were both drawing dead. but we were drawing dead together.

slipshod said...

dude, you had the a-10.