Wednesday, June 23, 2004





OPENING FRIDAY JUNE 25


FAHRENHEIT 9/11

Showtimes: Daily 11:00, 12:30, 1:30, 4:00, 5:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:30, 10:30. (Tickets are on sale now at the Charles box office daily 2PM-9:30PM)


2004 USA Dir. Michael Moore. Michael Moore, George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney. 110m.


''Fahrenheit 911'' is Michael Moore's reflections on the current state of America, including the powerful role oil and greed may have played after the 9-11 attacks. In this provocative exposé, Moore will tell the one story no one has dared to tell as he reveals the events that led the US into that apocalyptic September 11th moment and why the country is now at war. Winner of the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival.


i'm buying tickets for the 10:30 show today. need a roll-call...

10 comments:

Chris said...

Yes please, will pay via Gmail invitation.

Ryoga said...

As much as i'd love to, i won't be around. I'll be at the ocean from thursday to sunday.

And i think telling you that is still worth more than a gmail invitation.

Chris said...

A friend of mine from high school (not quite a jerk, but I'm sure he could be persuaded to be under the right circumstances) would like to come too... I have an eBay account you could have if you want.

jhaddock said...

Klimas, you're going to be in big trouble when you run out of internet novelties to give to people...

slipshod said...

i'm glad we're commodifying fucking common fucking courtesy. fucker.

anyway: klemis, do you want me to buy you two tickets in exchange for currency/currency owed at a later date? or do you want me to crush your kneecaps like crab claws and suck out the marrow like so much quivering seafood?

Chris said...

Can I get both?

Seriously, I will pay you back when I see you next (I assume Friday night). I originally planned to pay you w/ my winnings last night, but we all know how that turned out.

I am actually off the Gmail train. It turns out they do pretty careful examination of your email to figure out what ads to show or not show. i.e. there's a special filter so that you don't get an ad when, say, you find out your great-uncle has died from autoerotic asphyxiation. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/21/technology/21google.html

But hey, they gave me another 6 invitations this morning!

Ryoga said...

Heya, welcome to the blog, Heeje.

jhaddock said...

No one in LA wants to see it? What's that all about? Is this some sort of "we're too good for Michael Moore" type thing?

slipshod said...

in my stylish kenneth cole money clip/wallet, i have five tickets for 'fahrenheit911' for the following people:

1. dingus
2. dorkus
3. dweebus
4. chris h.
5. smellphis

slipshod said...

ok, so i didn't actually get a ticket for smellphis. turns out i forgot i needed one for jen r. but luckily, dorkus was going to swing past the charles today, so smellphis should have a ticket after all.