from mica's website:
You woke up with him for years. Isn't it time you introduced yourself?
Bob Edwards. His name is synonymous with National Public Radio. His integrity, intelligence and soothing baritone have inspired millions of listeners. As one of NPR's longtime hosts, he helped create the network's signature sound. Now, in a new book, Edward R. Murrow and the Birth of Broadcast Journalism (Wiley & Sons), Edwards explores the legacy of another great pioneer in broadcast journalism.
In a live appearance complete with historic audio clips, Edwards brings to life the major stories Murrow covered -- the Blitz, bombing raids over Berlin, the liberation of Buchenwald and red-baiting by Senator Joe McCarthy, as well as the ups and downs of Murrow's career at CBS. Edwards also reminisces about his own career, with audio highlights from his quarter century as host of NPR's Morning Edition and a discussion about his new role as NPR's senior correspondent. Q&A and book signing will follow.
Monday, June 21, 2004
Maryland Institute College of Art,
with Marc Steiner as host
(Pre-event reception 5:30-6:30pm in the Atrium. Price: $60 per ticket)
7pm-8:30pm - talk and Q & A in Brown Auditorium
free/open to the public
8:30pm - book signing
4 comments:
I'm there.
If I can get a ticket...
Marc Steiner sucks!
It's a travesty that Bob Edwards got forced into "senior correspondent." I will spare you the rant, I guess, about the inner workings of the institution of public broadcasting...
(whispering to zargon) why is klemis such an insane asshole?
[whisper] I think he has a chemical imbalance...
Post a Comment