Monday, June 06, 2005

An Apple of a Different Shade

Looks like big changes are a-comin', and for once Klimas' internet information may prove correct...

4 comments:

Ryoga said...

Now i can live out my dream of using photoshop on my PC....wait...


Seriously, though...if this means i can have an Intel PC that runs both PC and Mac apps using MacOS for the operating system, i'll be in heaven.

Chris said...

Shit, I got out-posted by Haddock.

There is no way in hell* you will be able to run OS X on your average Intel box, though, much less dual-boot.

That laptop you had at your place, Feezer, was that an inspiron 700m? I'm looking at dell's site but I coulda sworn there was a 6 involved and not a 7.

The reasons why I shouldn't make the jump and become a complete linux loser/ninja now are slim to none.

* 3 weeks after release is what I'd put my money on

Ryoga said...

Considering apple has said that they're making "code translators" to run PPC apps on existing intel architecture lends credence to the "3 weeks" idea. Also, according to betanews, the next version of OSX is going to be coded for the intel platform.

The laptop was, in fact, a 700M. Try looking at the small business section of the site...that's where i found mine.

It's like i was saying to haddock, eventually all of the OSes are going to conglomerate, until we all just have "Computer", and all of the video game systems will eventually evolve into "Game".

The future looks very streamlined.

Ryoga said...

What can i say? I'm here to help.