Monday, February 06, 2006

I'm Sure He Was Totally Honest

The hearing began with a sudden and sharp partisan dispute when Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter ruled that Gonzales did not have to be sworn in to testify. After Democrats strongly objected and demanded a roll-call vote, Republicans prevailed and the attorney general did not testify under oath.

3 comments:

Ryoga said...

Is there a source* on this one, chuckles?

*note: not that i don't believe this. In fact, it's unsurprising to me in every way. I just wanted to read the whole article.

jhaddock said...

It's from CNN. The rest of the article was exciting quotes of people saying things like "I support the President's plan" and "I don't support the President's plan."

slipshod said...

this is always a thing, though. i remember the flim-flambabble about bush not going under oath to testify to the 9/11 commission. i think it is kind of like taking the fifth: everyone knows what it means, but you're not allowed to hold that against them.