Monday, October 10, 2005

sports on the jerk store?



c'mon. they're at least as accessible as c+s or whatever shit gets smeared all over this thing.

if you haven't watched football in the last three years, then you've missed seeing the greatest team in the history of the nfl in action. i say this not only as a fan, but as a dude with a relatively detached and cynical eye for professional sports. here's the story: compare these injury reports. you know or care nothing for football, fine, but you have to admit that, no matter how superstarry micheal vick is, there is a certain inbalance there. the patriots have been decimated (note proper usage of word) by injuries, have a mediocre 3-2 record, yet for some reaon, they remain terrifying to the rest of the league.

as a result, i extend this early invitation to watch january football at yavin 4. i'm not bold enough to predict a superbowl appearance, but i'll be a motherfucker if the pats aren't in the playoffs.

oh, and since joel isn't in the country to care, the rest of you can just enjoy the fact that some one, somewhere has finally posted to the jerk store. with a picture.

5 comments:

Chris said...

As a football dilettante, I had heard this was the year that Patriots more or less petered out. So more power to them if they can pull it off.

What's c+s?

Ryoga said...

I like that, ian...we should make that an accepted term.

Still, i'm definately up for the playoffs...now if only i could find someone to watch hockey with me...

and if only the caps didn't suck donkey dong...

slipshod said...

answers, in order.

1.) a derogatory combination of c++ and css. also a bad joke.

2.) digital cable.

3.) hockey sucks.

Chris said...

Hey, I like hockey but maybe I hate the NHL.

link I considered posting today but decided was too nerdy

Ryoga said...

You were right.