Friday, July 09, 2004

Goin' out for a little drive / Could be the last time you see me alive

So my car is totalled -- the full story will have to wait til Tuesday, but the megashort version is that nobody got hurt and it was the other guy's fault. So I'm the market for a new car. I liked my Toyota Corolla, but I'm curious if there are better cars in the class. My taste in cars is like that of an aging Amazon, as my general criteria are:
  1. Reliability
  2. Leg room
  3. Fuel efficiency
  4. Coolness
Any advice?

5 comments:

Ryoga said...

I've always been a fan of hondas....i don't think the civic would have enough leg room for you, but i'd try the accord....they're a bit longer, so i think they may be a comfortable fit. They get great gas mileage, the factory stereos are really nice, and pretty much every shop can service them no problem.

slipshod said...

the way i see it, you should either be buying a prius or a volkswagon. 2-door passats have massive amounts of space, and volkwagons will run until the end of time. you'd be spending a little bit more for a car that won't die. and would have anihilated the vehicle you hit without so much as a battle scar.

Chris said...

I find the Prius amusing because of its name, though it is a cool car. The sad thing is that I had promised myself that the next car I'd get would be a hybrid, but I was counting on that to happen maybe 3-5 years down the road, when all this crazy new technology has shaken itself out.

jhaddock said...

Well, like I found out when I was car shopping last year, the Prius is good in theory, but bad if you are over 5'5. Though, at the time, the guy said they were making some changes in the next model year, so who knows...

slipshod said...

i think klemis could wear the scion as a t-shirt.