More than an hour into a solemn ceremony naming Rep. Marco Rubio, R-West Miami, as the 2007-08 House Speaker, Gov. Jeb Bush stepped to the podium in the House chamber last week and told a short story about "unleashing Chang," his "mystical warrior" friend.
Here are Bush's words, spoken before hundreds of lawmakers and politicians: "Chang is a mystical warrior. Chang is somebody who believes in conservative principles, believes in entrepreneurial capitalism, believes in moral values that underpin a free society.
"I rely on Chang with great regularity in my public life. He has been by my side and sometimes I let him down. But Chang, this mystical warrior, has never let me down."
Bush then unsheathed a golden sword and gave it to Rubio as a gift.
Thursday, September 22, 2005
I hate to interrupt this communistic wankfest
But what the fuck:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Now see, that's the kind of madness I want to see in my public officials!
Insert your own "unleash your chang" joke here.
Good thing this shit doesn't fly in japan, otherwise we'd be saying "prime minister Shigeru Miyamoto" right now.
um, have you seen japanese political advertising? the law states that you can only make ads for a party, not an individual candidate for office. one such standout depicted the entire party leadership of one of the liberal minority parties as flying robotic warriors attacking the destructive, lumbering hulk of the majority party (that was crushing the city, of course).
so not only does that shit fly in japan, it has fucking rocket boots.
I stand corrected. And amazed.
Post a Comment