Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Blogging blows...

At least sometimes it does on this site....given the huge transaction times, triple-posting of comments (see joel's response to CH's last post), and such, i'm thinking of alternatives for hosting The Jerk Store. Anyone know of any other good bloggy-type sites?

I'm also not averse to throwing up a webserver and running a BBS system, a la invision, or something like that. I've got extra hardware out the wazoo, so throwing together a cheap server box would be cake. Klimas, i may need your help with some back-end work though, if we go that route.

Let me know what you guys think.

4 comments:

jhaddock said...

I think you and Klimas should definitely reroute yourself into some back-end work. Make sure your hardware is solid, then open up your ports and get downloading. Or uploading. Or whatever.

Fags.

jhaddock said...

I think you and Klimas should definitely reroute yourself into some back-end work. Make sure your hardware is solid, then open up your ports and get downloading. Or uploading. Or whatever.

Fags.

jhaddock said...

Fuck you, blogspot.

Chris said...

I guess we could get ourselves livejournal accounts. I have no clue what you can do for free and what costs money.

If we ran something ourselves, is a bbs setup better than a blog? If we want to blog, I totally recommend wordpress. I've heard decent things about phpbb too.